Thread: Forum Civility
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 PM

Default Interesting

I am happy to see threads like this. Members wanting this forum to be a welcoming place. Many would read this and say that people need to "grow a set" or not to get "butt hurt" etc... That's not it at all. The very best threads are when people vigorously debate issues without resorting to macho insults, labeling people with different perspectives, and various other manner of put downs.

For those of you who may not realize it, this forum is 98% self-moderated. By that I mean about 98% of the time a thread is closed or infractions are given, it is as a result of members complaining about problem posts and/or threads by hitting the little red triangle and reporting. We read the complaints and then moderate to the rules that are at the top of all the forums, making judgement calls as we see it. People don't like it, we get nasty PMs, and we carry on.

As mods, we are doing our best to make this a place where people don't jump down others' throats. Some are vocal that they think we are heavy-handed when we enforce the longstanding rules. At times it seems like the feces disturbers are winning, but we will keep doing our thing, but ultimately the forum decorum rests in your hands. All you have to do is report problems when you see them. There are 5 of us and typically 1000 of you online. We can only do what you members help us to do.

Last edited by sns2; 11-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.