View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
How much of my paycheck goes to feeding farm subsidies already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
Issue more landowner tags would solve this. Give me 10 deer tags and 10 elk tags. Or just let me shoot what I want on my land. I'm not making any money feeding wildlife. Or let us sell that meat as well.
I like this idea ranch. I don't need ten elk but if I could have the tags and disperse them to people I want to would be a great idea. Make the season 6 months. There is no easy answer because of the 100+ elk that run around at my place their is a 100+ at the neighbors. Is taking 10 or 20 elk out of the herd going to make a difference? Maybe but minimal imo. Take 80 out of the herd now we're talking. So now we've got 80 guy's shooting 80 elk out of my herd next thing you know we got somebody complaining that there is no elk left and something has to be done to save the elk herds. They're already bitching about the whitetail and mule deer numbers being down. It's a non stop roller coaster.
Me personally it's a catch 22. I hate to see the elk busting up my fences and eating my feed but I hate the mess some hunters leave behind and rutting up my field because they're to stupid to figure out that it rained and the fields are soft. I lean to the side of putting up with the elk.