View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Friends don't let friends drive crappy British roadsters. Also, as someone who has owned an S2000, one of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever owned. It was quick but a Miata will out handle it in the curves.
I don't fit in an S2000, so I can't say from first hand exp, but I don't see any generation of the Miata being more competent in the twisty's than the S2K, particularly the AP1.

Funny, last night I was thinking about this thread and just how exceptional the S2K and Honda's mid to late 90's offerings really were. I own a DC2 ITR and the B18C engine is unreal even by today's standards. 200HP from a N/A 1.8 liter. The sound of B18C @9000 rpm through a full titanium exhaust is just lovely. Can't wait for summer.

240ishHP out of the 2-litre, 4 cylinder F20C NA engine in the S2k that will runs reliably forever is unreal and not really matched by much today at any price. For example, look at the 2023 Toyota GR86, $45,000.00 vehicle that can only muster 230hp out of a 2.4 liter NA engine with 2+ decades of additional engine R&D available.

To the OP I would make an alternate suggestion instead of the Miata. Look into finding a 2001 to 2005 MR-S. A higher mileage no rust JDM version could be found for <$10k/ac. Scrap the 1ZZ engine and swap in a 2ZZ w/6 speed and LSD (everything bolts right up, widely regarded as the easiest swap to do on anything). You essentially have a Lotus Exige for less than a quarter it's cost. I've been considering this myself... I need another garage and more time.