View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:56 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
I'll take the increase in penetration. And when you factor RPM and distance of penetration into it things start to become moot. (1-9" twist over 24" over blood, ribs, organs whatever).

When it comes down to it, I hesistate to ask the 2 deer a year crowd or sponsored sportsment. There are enough professional hunters out there that watch more animals drop in a week than most do in a decade and they predominantly call for two holes and poo-poo the "bangem flopem" bullets.
Look up gentlemen like Seyfried, Aargard, Tarr, Johnson, etc.
I've shot animals with interlocks, bergers, accubonds, all of the Barnes monometals, partitions, bear claws, etc, etc.
There are three today I would use for everything in the right platform: TTSX, Accubonds, and Interlocks in that order.
Since both the TSX and GMX are high weight retention/mono metal bullets and both typically pass through, the increase in penetration that the TSX could offer because of decreased frontal area is really useless. I agree, two holes are good. Two holes from a bullet that has more frontal area....better. You seem to think I'm making case for something I'm not.