View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger CS View Post
Mule deer seldom run with their tail high in the air as is the case with most of the other ungulate species. This is commonly referred to as being tight under the tail, meaning when tense most pray animals tend to clamp down on their tail to avoid detection, making the Texas heart shot very tricky. There is enough vertebral obstruction in front of the sphincter to make this shot extremely difficult to execute therefore not recommended.
Probably one of the most unethical shots to ever try, never attempt this.

If your that desperate to take down a living creature this way you need to find another sport.

I have seen a few shot this way by accidents from other hunters and they do drop, but shoot 4 inches to low it's not hard to figure out where you nailed it.How would like to be shot in the nuts and die a slow death.

Next time you get your prostate checked and as puts his finger up there ,just imagine a 338 bullet entering that spot and you will never ever take a Texas heart shot.

I love hunting a lot ,but I love the animals out there ten times more then hunting, so hurting one is way off my list.

JD

Last edited by JD848; 12-08-2019 at 10:36 PM.