View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The point of paying for the tag upfront is that people would plan better...enter the draw for $3 and then you get picked but can't go, you are on the hook for $3 and the opportunity is gone. Consider you have to pay upfront, you will consider more what is realistic for you to pursue. Plan better and go after the draws you have the best chance at and 999 the others.

The whole idea is if you get drawn you go on the hunt right?

Lots of tags are wasted thus the opportunity is not available to others....some of the Wainwright deer tags have less than 50% participation! Thats a real shame when you have guys who would gladly go if they were drawn.

LC
I can see your point, but it is a little shortsighted. Yes I'm sure some draws are wasted every year for one reason or another, but those people have to now start building thier priorties from scratch again and are no longer able to draw that tag for years. Also, there is the chance that one less animal was harvested that can reproduce or grow larger. Win-win for the people who didn't get drawn last time and now have a higher priority the following year.
You list planning as a priority, but sometimes you have to look past the short term and plan for season/s ahead.
Bottom line is that I don't like paying all the money upfront for a drawn tag that I won't be hunting for till 3-6 months in the future. But thats just me, and I would bet that I'm not the only one.