View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Joe, you raise good points but avoiding the OHV problem is not the answer. It is a starting point.

If you take the creek that I live on as an example. Cattle were there long, long before the ATV was around and even when it started. There was fish in the creek then and people enjoyed it. Ranchers were responsible and obviously the impact was minimal or at least the impact was such that fish could exist and people could enjoy the resource. Once the ATVers arrived that all changed. Total destruction is a good way to put it - no fish left and choked off stream.

I could also go into lots of incidents such as cattle being chased by ATVers...over / through fences, ranchers threatened, visitors threatened. And much worse. All on private property. I know I'm not talking about the Castle area but I'm trying to make the point that disgusting acts like this should lead to a ban of ATVs in sensitive areas. I see ATVs running through the headwaters, as in the case in the Castle area, pretty much the same "go where I want, destroy what I want" attitude transposed to yet another area.
Do I remember correctly you've had an issue with ATVers around your area and destroying creekland? Like you have first hand experience with this. Right?