View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 09:37 AM

I often sell items at well below their 'going price', because I want to move them quickly. Often I've had them for years and I've gotten my money's worth out of them, and now it's time to pass them along to someone else. I just sold a boat & motor I've owned for 30 years, and a motorcycle I've owned for 10 years - at very low prices. Other people need to sell significantly below market value because they're moving right away and they've procrastinated on selling their stuff, or perhaps they need the money immediately for a variety of reasons.

If selling, put 'PRICE FIRM' if you're stuck on your price. If you just want to quickly move the item, don't put anything, or put: " OPEN TO OFFERS'.

When buying, I often give low-ball offers, with the caveat " I know it's worth more, but that's all I can offer. If you don't get a better price and just want to get rid of your item, give me a call and I'll take it off your hands. My offer stands until * a specific date*"

No hard feelings, - although some people are ****ed when I make the low offer, and still ****ed when they call to accept it!

On our local 'Buy & Sell' Facebook group, my rule of thumb is to buy or sell at no more than 1/2 NEW price - and usually at 1/3 of NEW price - even for hardly used or "AS NEW" items. Most people are just happy to off-load their stuff.