Thread: Life insurance
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:48 PM

It really makes no difference to me, what other people want to buy or not. I haven't sold insurance for over 20 years, my license is long expired, I don't get commission from anybody for giving an opinion. I only suggest people do their own research, educate themselves on what they are buying, do the math. Everybody has their own specific situation and requirements.

However, generally speaking, a young person looking for life insurance coverage to protect his/her family from the loss of income in the event of death, will 99% of the time be best served by buying term insurance, and investing elsewhere with the difference in premiums between a term product and a whole life/uni product. It's a simple math thing based on historic returns.

There is a reason why the commission on selling a whole/uni product is exponentially higher than selling term, and why most insurance people push those products. It isn't because it benefits the policy holder more.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone