View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
EXACTLY.

So we scratch, toil and work to get to a point where we can buy property in the expectation that we will be able to pay it down through using our investment as a rental property. YES …. one day …. many of us will enjoy the equity position on these investments and enjoy the fruits of years of work, sweating, worry and hardship …… but that wasn't free.

Many of us were not children like trump where daddy gave us a small loan of 10 million dollars. We are immigrants, our children are first born here, and have worked to get to where we were coming from nothing. (yeah I know sounds like a great story, but guess what, my parents came here in the 70's with $600).

All the while my other friends, and some of my renters have cooler toys, had cooler vacations than me, and now ….. I see on TV, that in BC the hippies are encouraging others "don't pay rent on April 1st????"

disgusting.

If a renter legitimately looses income over this Covid thing, then I am totally cool with helping them out, but keep in mind, the mortgage or line or credit for the property still comes due for me.

Who helps me?
as with me...I have always helped myself...figured it out...just gotta have had this plan in place in your early 20's....my grandma passed just recently and I remember her saying save a penny for a rainy day....well its been raining out for sometime...102 years on this earth she seen it all...wish I could thank her cuz I got a few pennies and more importantly healthy...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...