View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titegroup View Post
Thought i'd throw this out there. Anyone on here have a registered letter sent to their spouse prior to getting their new license, basically asking them if they have any concerns about their hubby acquiring the renewed license? Cause mine did & i've never had that happen with previous renewals. Must be a new protocol, been married dam near 20yrs. & no criminal record . That's a first for me, they call it a background check. Signed by the Alberta CFO. I mean i'm all for public safety, & i understand some relationships can go sour. where there could be violence,, so i guess they're giving the option to a spouse / partner to come forward if they don't feel safe having a partner get a firearms license ,,, which in my opinion , why are they even in the relationship if that's the case. My spouse would just as soon tell them to stuff their letter, as she trusts me 100% with anything to do with guns, after been hunting & shooting ( including many competitions) for over 50yrs. Must be some new protocol ,, cause that's a first for me.
Did your wife sign your application for renewal?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.