View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Here is a cut and past from SRD.

[I]In general, hunting or discharging a firearm (or bow) is prohibited in Provincial Parks and Provincial Recreation Areas. There are elk seasons in Cypress Hills Provincial Park and big game and game bird seasons in Blue Rapids, Fickle Lake, Wapiabi, Cooking Lake-Blackfoot, the northwest corner of Evan-Thomas, Sulphur Gates, and Lakeland Provincial Recreation Areas. Firearms discharge permits are required to hunt in all provincial parks and recreation areas other than Lakeland Provincial Recreation Area, Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area, Fickle Lake Provincial Recreation Area, and Wapiabi Provincial Recreation Area. Orientation sessions may also be required before hunting is permitted in a Provincial Park or Provincial Recreation Area. For more information on firearm discharge permits and orientation sessions for hunting in Provincial Parks or Provincial Recreation Areas please visit albertaparks.ca
If not in the process of hunting in a Provincial Park or Provincial Recreation Area that has an open season, all firearms must be unloaded, encased or dismantled./I]

It says, unloaded, encased or dismantled.

In other words... unloaded or encased or dismantled.

You won't get nailed for going from vehicle to scabbard unless it is loaded.
Unless the info SRD gives is an incorrect typo or misinterpreted.

If they wanted them unloaded and encased or dismantled... you could get nailed transferring from vehicle to scabbard but as it is written you should be fine.
you added an extra or in there that makes it your interpretation of the the wording of the law. i believe you and many others are incorrect. think about it,walking around in a provincial park full of campers with an uncased weapon... heck you can't even drive your atv out of a provincial campground to the trail and your saying you can walk around with an unloaded weapon...you can't drive on the road during hunting season in a wildlife corridor with an uncased weapon. do you believe these santuaries have greater protection than a provincial park? the letter of the law....