View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
For the record JB, my 30' 5th wheel has been wheeling behind me for the past 8 summers without incident. I have not ran anyone off the road, nor have I held anyone up that needed to get past me and speed down the highway. I'm not a danger on the road and I feel that most trailer owners would side with me when I state "ALBERTA DOESN'T NEED TO FOLLOW THIS COURSE OF ACTION!"

But then again, that's just my honest opinion....

J.
Jcraw, this isn't directed at you, but your post is a perfect example as to why we need more/better licencing. It's like the 80yo who has never been in a car accident, but drives 30kmhr everywhere and leaves a trail of distruction behind them. Never actually gets into an accident, but causes them. Like I said, I'm not saying this is you, but recertifying/training is desperately needed for all drivers. Going away from private testing was a good first step, but now they need to mandate retesting.

TBH, I agree, but more knowledge is better. The majority of RV owners do NOT do their homework, and end up with a dangerous unit, let's face it, it's obvious with almost every RV thread, how little knowledge people have on their own RV setups.

The one thing I like about BC is that they are enforcing traffic laws, specifically RV's. I've been thru multiple safety checkstops in BC and have friends who have been fined (or had to fix it roadside) for inproper setups/bad equipment/etc.

(I can't wait to see the horrible setups this weekend here in alberta).