View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisb View Post
Was at Badger yesterday and was suprised to see a truck thru the ice. Upon further investigation it seems the truck has been there a week or two. Anyone know the story behind it.
We decided to drill holes out to test the ice. We started at 18” at shore and stopped at 14”. Then we decided to start fishing. This is where things got scary. I started drilling holes and the ice thickness varyied from 14” to 6”.

I admit I haven’t fished badger in many years but I don’t ever recall the ice being this unpredictable.

Attachment 141678
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy View Post
Me and a buddy made plans to go fishing today a while ago and decided to brave the cold. Fishing was not good only managed 1 bite.

On the way to where I went fishing decided to drive by badger to see if anyone was out there, a little ways past the boat launch noticed a truck out on ice, took another look and realized the truck had broke through the ice. Thought it it must have been there awhile and then I seen 3 guys bailing out of the truck. I quickly made my way to the shore and went to see if they were alright and other than being a bit rattled they were fine. Nothing we could do to get truck as it was sinking but gave the fellas a ride. Thermometer on my truck said -36. Glad everyone was ok, could've turned out real bad in them temps. Just a reminder to be careful on ice even with these cold temps ice is not safe in the south yet. Only 8 inches on lake I was fishing at. The guys that fell through said they drilled a test hole and was 13inches so figured it was good.

Stay safe everyone!!!!!!
found it 12-26-2017, 07:27 PM