View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Tell that to the officer that warned one of the guys that I shoot skeet with, when he had his dog in the truck while he was out hunting big game. The officer made it clear to him that since he was looking for big game as he was driving, he was in fact hunting big game. He was given a warning, and told to leave the dog at home when he went big game hunting again.
I actually wanted to take my dog along when I draw my pronghorn tag, so that I could hunt Hungarian partridge that I often encounter while hunting pronghorn, but I don't need the aggravation of being charged for having the dog with me while hunting big game.
Just to clarify this, I have sent an e-mail to AEP for clarification. If I can get someone from AEP to state that it is legal, and put their name to it, my dog will be accompanying me next fall.
I'd be prepared to go to court on that one!
We regularly hunt deer in the morning and upland in the afternoon, and I will be dammed if I am going to drive 2 1/2 hours back to town and drop off the dogs if I decide to hunt deer in the evening.
We also bring them with us down south and will not leave the dogs in the hotel if we decide to hunt deer that day, they are and will continue to be in the truck with us.
I have talked to F&W on several occasions in the past when the dogs was with me and it has never been questioned.
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 01-04-2016 at 02:14 PM.