View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Banned

Early in the season a bunch of us up this way discussed the possibility of nefarious activity happening with shipping fur through an outlet who’s operator is also a Trapper/fur buyer. We all agreed that it probably wasn’t a good idea to do. I’m not saying that there’s any monkey business going on but there’s definitely a possibility that it could happen. Even if you watch the individual tag all your fur, what is stopping him from switching the tag to a different pelt later on and you’d never know?

I ship all of my fur for auction through the ATA and I would suggest that Trappers in the Edmonton area take the extra time to do the same. It’s much more organized/professional and with numerous sets of eyes the possibility of shenanigans taking place is extremely low imo. I’ve never been concerned with anything like that happening at the ATA. In fact, the last batch of fur that I took there filled a tri-wall and I watched as they strapped up the box and got it ready for taking it out to the storage container. It’s a way better operation.

Money corrupts.......beware of the wolves.