View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawton2 View Post
I am looking a lakefront property on Dore Lake and I was wondering if anyone has ever fished there or has any good or bad information on the lake for me. Thanks
Thought you might be interested to note that the regulations have changed at Dore Lake for this season. The walleye limit is now 1, which cannot be less than 55cm total length. Northerns at 5, perch at 25. (unchanged).

Plus the whole area around Bazill Bay is CLOSED.

The new regulations also bring fixed dates for opening day, the Central region being May15 to March 31.

The Southern region opens tomorrow (5th) and I plan on a day trip to Constance for splake and rainbows from the Guppyshark, a 12' Harbercraft.
the Northern region does not open until the 25th but doesn't close until April 15.

A couple of other changes for this year:
a) the non-closure of stocked trout lakes. Typically everything closed for 5 weeks in April so it has been hard to get a "fix" in the spring.
And b) the general walleye limit has been reduced to 4, down one from past seasons. Slot sizes and other restrictions still apply on some waters.

An interesting fact is the total number of lakes in Saskatchewan is 90,000, of which, it is estimated, 50,000 contain game fish. Plenty of room for every one. Not to mention that more than half the people in this province that require a license to fish have one. That's a quarter million permits! Seniors, children under 16 and Natives do not require a license for subsistance fishing.
Resident angler: $29.44 incl taxes
Canadian resident: $58.87 annual, $29.44 for 3 days
Non resident/non Canadian: $78.51 annual, $39.25 for 3 days

Also notable is the C&R regulations that are starting to become more of the norm than in the past. Check the guide for those lists and remember that only barbless hooks are allowed in C&R lakes. I am barbless all the way so I never worry.

Free (all-you-can-dig worms)