View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
To be fair, the fellow should have shut the engine off and lock the vehicle on his way out.

People leave their engines running when they go for 5-20 minutes shopping, and it happens in -10 and -30 temperature all the same. Any "large" store parking lot gets disgusting really quickly around here with all the smoke once the temperature starts dropping. And like I said, it does not have to drop that much, really. I don't care what kind of vehicle you have, you can shut it down for 15 minutes while grabbing some groceries, even if it is -30 outside.

This year, I started noticing some geniuses leaving their vehicle running on a hot summer day as well to keep the a/c going. Really? I do not know wtf is wrong with people, to be honest.

If your vehicle gets stolen because you left it idling for that one minute you had to run in to the business, it is on you! I have no clue what the insurance companies do in situations like this, but they should definitely be telling people that they are denying their claim and people should think with their heads next time they go shopping.

I am not saying that it is ok to steal if the opportunity presents itself. Those ****ers should be punished with some harsh labour while in confinement and not just shoveling seniors' driveways.

[/rant]
Unattended Idling vehicles is a western thing from what I have seen? It was rare to see a vehicle left idling unattended in northern ontario except for big trucks at a truck stop.