View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
A few years back trapper found where large pack of wolves killed 15 deer in one night. They did not eat any of them just went on a killing spree!

Wolves kill for pleasure and teaching purposes for the younger ones in the pack.One year in late march a very large pack of wolves took down 19 deer on a large lake over a 2 day period and that's all I found on the lake with a very good chance more were down in the bush .2 wolves can take down a deer because I have seen it.

I week later after this I was fishing and not more than 1000 yards away and least 25 wolves in 3 groups of 8 crossed in front of my truck in ontario,then I realize the gravity on the damage to the deer population a pack this large can do.

I have been hunting wolves for some 40 years and in the past 10 years I never seen the explosion of the size of packs and the depleting of wildlife.

This will take 50 years to turn itself around if it can and the good genetics will take twice as long or longer to rebuild itself again if even possible.

If the locals are to lazy to hunt them then get guides to bring in hunters and do there thing,myself I will take what I can legally and then take guys out and keep the process going.