Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:35 PM

The 30 cal is not going any where,i am a 6.5 and 7mm rm and love a 300wsm and my new 300 win,where I hunt you can kill anything with a 243 or 25 06.

Some guys pick up bad habits with the 300 win and never go back to it so they prefer the 6,5 which is a great caliber,liking just one cartridge is like only liking a certain food.That is maybe why there staying away from the 300 win which is the one out the bunch that is lossing a bit of ground,but for myself I like many calibers and cartridges ,the energy ,the recoil ,plus better bullet choice , I just bought a new 300 win which comes with a 7mm spare barrel in the sauer 202,i truly just like the feel of the large cals and will till I can't see.

Killing something after 50 years is still a thrill ,but not the end of the world,i became a hunter cause I like the bush,the smell,the sounds,the peace and tranquility,whats over the next hill,trusting my bush skill and learning all the time,canoing for month's at a time alone,the smell and sound of the waters that is where my mind and heart truly finally gets to relax ,30 cal or whatever is in my hand is just fine.