Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
I get your point but that is a futile attempt to make the CM into something it is not. As good a cartridge as it may be, you have placed a lightweight target cartridge in a middleweight hunting class and terminal effects will show that rather quickly.

Well right here you say the 6.5 Creedmoor is a lightweight target cartridge that will be futile as a middleweight hunting cartridge, so.....

It's obvious you don't understand what's going on here. I imagine you feel the 308 with a 168gr bullet is a perfectly capable middleweight hunting cartridge right? Even though I just posted the actual ballistic performance of both the 308 in a 168gr bullet and the 6.5 Creedmoor in a 143gr bullet, where it shows the 6.5 Creedmoor having more energy at the 500yd mark, you still feel it's not adequate as a middleweight hunting cartridge.

You don't seem to grasp the technology behind today's modern bullet design, the benefits of long slender bullets with their ability to retain more energy during flight and open up wider wound channels because of their longer pedals when they open up on impact.

I'm not saying a 6.5 Creedmoor will out preform a 300 magnum, I'm saying with today's bullets you don't need a 300 magnum to kill any North American animal because a 6.5 Creedmoor will quite handily do the job.