Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
The recoil link is on my post as above.
Strange that the thread changed from 260 Remington too Creedmoor.

All small differences over all. Terminal Ballistics is a limiting factor with small cases, this is a trade up or down since each person finds what works for game, terrain, and benefits over all. That's what really counts.

Don
The thread never changed, it's about 30cal bullets and how they are out-preformed in energy retention by 6.5mm and 7mm projectiles using the same charge, combined with today's bullet construction of long, slender, high BC bullets that use the pedals for making large wound channels rather than bore size.

The 260rem and the 6.5 Creedmoor both have less recoil than the 308 with nearly the same case, so it doesn't really matter which one you use to compare.

Hopefully (if it arrives by November) I am going to shoot either a moose or an elk, or both this fall with my 6.5 Creedmoor to prove that it is every bit as deadly as a 308 or 300 magnum on the biggest of our North American big game animals. My farthest moose kill was with a 140gr bullet launched out of my 280rem at 509yds, and I imagine the 6.5 Creedmoor will be packing close to the same punch at that distance.