View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterrootfly View Post
You flatter me, i didn’t know I’d be considered a pretty lady for using a .270, I think you missed my point, proper bullet selection is the key to ensuring good penetration and performance on tough large game like elk. I’d take a .270 with a bonded or partition style bullet any day over a .300 win mag using a standard cup and core for elk hunting.
Sorry it was not my intention to personalize my .270 comment towards you! I know for a fact that the .270 is a good rifle, and that many women choose to shoot it because of the lighter recoil. That is all I meant by my comment.

I am and always have been a 30 cal fan, and nobody is ever going to convince me that a .270 is a better caliber for elk over a 300 Win Mag. Especially with ABLR's and the energy I get with them as per my earlier comment.

As for the ABLR's I love them and based on my experiance with them, nobody will convince me that they are not a good bullet.

PS: At the gun range with my rifle with the ABLRs is get .25 MOA @ 200 yards. Pretty accurate if you ask me

Last edited by GrouseHunter; 11-04-2018 at 05:26 PM.