View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenzieclan View Post
I used both AB - 130gr & ABLR - 129gr in my 6.5 Creedmoor @ 2750fps - my own hand loads.
Personally I haven’t noticed any difference in expansion, but get better accuracy with the AB’s in my rifle, (found projectile seating depth extremely important for accuracy with both projectiles).

I gues, not to sound obvious,... that expansion is a function of a few different factors, simplified as a combination of: Projectile construction, weight, velocity & Target density.

That’s why I only push the AB 130’s @ 2750fps,... that construction, weight, & velocity give me the best results on deer with my rifle, under my hunting situations thus far.

Next, I’ll be trying Hornady 143gr ELD-X,... the search for perfection continues,...!

Enjoy,...
I think it’s really smart you reduce the velocity of the ABLR my own terminal performance issues were at shots under 100 yards with 2900-3100fps impact velocities, understanding the construction of your bullet is key to getting maximum performance, for me the ABLR always performed excellent at lower-moderate velocities often associated with extended ranges, probably what they were originally designed for.