View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 53 View Post
The right to bare arms is not about short sleeved shirts. The 2 amendment was put in place to make sure the people could defend themselves against a corrupt government or as they called it back then tyranny. If you use the 2scd amendment to guide you at to where to draw the line then there is no line. If the people need to be able to over power a corrupt government then they need access to the same arms as the tyrant they wish to over through. So unless you are ok with your neighbors missile silo. I don't suggest using the second amendment to justify why or why not a weapon should or should not be available to the public.
For me the line in the sand is that is the primary design of the weapon is to kill other human beings then its on the wrong side of the line. Home defense is an exception to that.
Having said that my son in law brought his SKS out to the farm and we had a blast in a gravel pit with it and it was just good clean fun. The SKS and the later AK47 are the biggest people killers there are so I will be the first to admit that drawing a line in the sand is not an easy thing to do.

Maybe that is why we have such stupid gun laws.
I find your post a little confusing. A weapon used to overthrow a tyrannical government will most likely be designed/capable of killing other human beings. You seem to understand why the 2nd amendment is needed but don't want to give the people the ability to exercise it..