View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 08:04 PM
grandzillaa

Default Re: issue

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Access and habitat destruction. Emphasis on access is getting tougher every year.<hr></blockquote> How true. Last year I made two phone calls to this one resident and left two messages and no response, tried again...nothing. So I gave up on him. So I went elsewhere and I found a sign that said for permission phone this number, so I left a message, as I was out hunting on AFGA land, I came across a bull moose lying down some 65yards away and since I couldn't shoot him, I thought I would see how much closer I could get so that I could get a picture. So that I could post it here...but as I was just about to start out the cell phone rang and well the moose stood up and it was gone. Anyhow the man phoned back and said I couldn't go on the land because there were two other hunters on it. He says he owns land as well but for the next few years he will not let any hunters on it....because this one young man asked permission to hunt a mule deer on the property; the farmer said yes but the young man started to bring more friends on without permission over a couple of years and they killed off all the mulies(wmu334). Now the WT deer moved in and the farmer wont let anyone hunt untill the white population get bigger. He also told me that the farmer next to him won't give permission anymore as well. Why? because two hunters went on his property without permission and killed a big mule deer buck, cut the head off and left the body behind. They tried to catch them but they were gone.

As for habitat destruction...well I won't go there this time.