View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
I'm a business grad man. I study this stuff. Not disregarding what youre saying, and to an extent youre correct, but hard market analysis states production quality matters in the grand scheme of things. Theres a reason Outdoor quest is where its at and Jim Shockeys 'Uncharted' was a massive HUGE success. Tj does have the longest running program in the country, but Shockey just blows everyone away. I equate it to the people that say 'Nickelback Sucks'. Maybe their music does suck, to you. But Millions upon Millions of people that buy there albums year after year, ultimately making them the most successful Canadian Band of all time, would disagree with the assessment that 'they suck'.

Nuge posts a lot regarding his youtube channel on this forum. I don't. Nuge obviously does it as a hobby, currently. I am doing with larger aspirations and personally, would find it cheesy and offside if I was constantly on here promoting my brand. I'm here as a fellow hunter and outdoorsman and nothing more. Furthermore, frankly we are still in 'development'. I haven't officially launched the whole brand yet man. My own business plan would slap my peepee if I got premature with anything

And no, YouTube takes time. A lot of time to establish enough of a following to make any real earnings. Again, I worked in music, ive been through that rodeo. I don't want to film 50 episodes, launch them, and wait 4 years to get my 1 million views per to start collecting miniscule royalties on it.
Im not saying production quality does not matter. It matters immensely,However production quality can be done well with a lower means. Honestly its coming across as you are looking to run before you walk. Content matters equally if not more, You can have the shiniest boat on the dock but if it never leaves the dock its just for looks.

A strong brand carries multiple facets to build that brand. I believe you are writing off Youtube way to early in the game. You can run all the streams you want but until you get initial eyeballs on your brand production is worth little.

All the power to you, I hope you succeed in your ventures.