View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
For sure, good question!

That goes back to how this whole thing got going. My brother in law, who happens to be my best buddy and hunting partner as well as my partner in our show, was discussing with me a couple years back about possibly starting an outfitting operation. We both live and breath hunting and fishing and thought that might be the best option for the old cliché 'if you do what you love its not work'. I do have some prior guiding experience and it was quickly decided that our passion might turn into a job in short order if we went that route. So we brainstormed. I'm a pretty artistic guy (again I was a professional musician in a past life and a lot of those skills are transferable to film editing) so we just tossed out over a beer how neat it would be to film hunts and throw em up on youtube for our friends. It snowballed from there in short order and we have never really looked back to be honest. So I guess the frank answer without beating around the bush is that we both wanted to work in the hunting industry, without having to report to anyone else as employees and we most certainly didn't want to end up in a situation where we are dreading hunting season because that's when the gongshow starts with guided clients and such. Ive had 3 'callings' in life to date. I played a little junior hockey, got to perform on stage for 2 unbelievable years as a singer that provided me with incredible memories along with allowing me to meet my now wife, and now I feel video work is the final of the three 'callings' as I age. lol. hockey certainly aint a 34 year olds game anymore, nor is being the singer of a mainstream rock band - especially when you've lost some of your hair. This really, in my eyes, was my best option to POSSIBLY earn a living without hating what has always been my single main passion.
Fair enough. I wish you success and trust your productions will be a lot better than those nauseous "watch me hunt" routines that seem to be everywhere. Something new and different is always welcome. Again, Good Luck !