View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhammer View Post
It is a shame that they decided to count x's. I have never herd an elk or deer say "that was an x"! This scoring will cater to the seasoned 3d archers and make sure they still win, IMO.
I also see your point ...However whether a seasoned 3D shooter or a veteran bowhunter, or a new shooter more importantly...the object always for all is to "Pick a spot" the "spot" in this case that spot is the X.

One of the biggest mistakes bowhunter experiance is a total miss or a wound due to aiming at entire animal instead of "picking a spot or X"

So other than Leftys bang on point of eliminating a 100 way tie, it is just good practise to teach all bowhunters to "pick a spot" on the animal...in this case as mentioned it just happens to be that X spot...

Over the years I have developed the ability...That once my animal is identified as an animal I want...I focus on that X or spot and nothing else...before I draw and thru entire shot...I dont see nothing else on/of that animal regardless of antler or fang size...this is the same principal.

Oh and Stinkhammer if you hear deer and elk talking to you...its time to get out of the woods for a while son....lol

Neil