Thread: Best Trap gun?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Banned

Ok, what you first need to decide is if you wish to take the sport serious. And by serious I mean you want to compete

Then if you do, go get yourself a Trap Gun, a Skeet Gun and a Sporting clays gun. They are all different.

Where do you live?
What Trap club were you at today?

If you want to take it a bit serious, then I would recommend a O/U Browning Citori. Plenty of them around if you know where to look. There are not to many regular shotguns around that can handle the thousands of shells you will shoot. You can expect to pay around $1,000-$1,500.

You mentioned that you saw lots of guns at the competition today that were shooting single shots, in fact they probably have a 2 barrel set. A single barrel for singles and a double barrel for doubles. Or the guy has 2 shotguns

I assume you were at Calgary as that was the big shoot this weekend. You were fortunate to see some of the best shooters in Western Canada and a few that rank up there with the best in the world.

Its a great sport, please let me know if I can be of any help. Not that I know much, but I do know the guys to talk with.

If you plan on competing in this sport, PLEASE PLEASE do not listen to those that say any gun will do, or how about a pump. The one thing I will guarantee you is that those who were winning the bling today DID NOT have a pump. These guns are specially stocked so that hitting clays is easier.(YEAH RIGHT) Your Grampas wing master will not do. This sport is way to specialized to just ask anyone. You need the proper info

But if you want to just go shoot every now and then take whatever you got and have fun. Anytime something goes BANG, its a great time.

Jamie

BTW Jester, I joined and didnt have a Shotgun. Calgary was good enough to lend me a gun for the first little while, then I got hooked, bought the wrong gun (for trap), got really hooked and bought a gun that will do for now.