View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:34 PM

Default Nothing better than deep sea fishing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
One thing....be aware of the charters that start super early and include "bait fish" gathering. That time spent in the wee hours counts towards your total fishing time. They typically leave in the dark and get you home well before noon. Reason being where they go is WAAAAAY off-shore and its easier to get there in the calm night ocean, the wind tends to pick up there throughout the day and the trip back can be very "adventurous" Make sure to take some anti-nausea stuff.....but get the least drowsy you can find. I took some of that stuff and it wiped me out completely....

Lefty
Good call lefty, when I was out there we were in 30 ft swells, didn't bother me to much, but my old man and cousin we yaking to the whole way back.

We went on a tour where the boat keeps most of the fish to sell, which makes the charter a lot cheaper. We still kept two 20 lb tuna, which made for literally the best meal of my life, the hotel cooked it up for us. We were out from 5 am to about 5pm so it was a long day.

Never managed to hook into a marlin but did managed to hook a 150 lb Galapogos Shark while fishing for tuna, hell of a fight, 1.5 hrs to bring in! He nailed a small tuna I was reeling in and got hooked. Best day ever.

The charter also took us to a shark diving site and threw some chum in so we could watch them circle. Found out that night that at that exact spot earlier in the day they were diving and a 16 ft great white came by! We also got to see some humpback whales.

All in all a hell of of trip, you're gonna have a blast!