View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarms11 View Post
If she doesn't have a gun she 's not hunting. End of story. When I go fishing, and have other people in the boat with me, do they need a license? Are they fishing as well? Don't think so.
Nope.

1(1)(o) “hunt” means, subject to subsection (6), with reference to a subject animal,
(i) shoot at, harass or worry,
(ii) chase, pursue, follow after or on the trail of, search for, flush, stalk or lie in wait for,
(iii) capture or wilfully injure or kill,
(iv) attempt to capture, injure or kill, or
(v) assist another person to hunt in a manner specified in subclause (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) while that other person is so hunting;

(6) Where
(a) a person has the intent to hunt, and believes or appears to believe that the person is hunting,
(b) what the person is purporting to hunt is actually a representation of a wildlife animal that has been set out by a wildlife officer or wildlife guardian, and
(c) having regard to the time when, the location where and any other relevant circumstances under which the activity takes place, the activity would, if that representation were a real wildlife animal of the kind represented, constitute an act of hunting that would be an offence against a hunting provision of this Act,
then the person is deemed for the purposes of this Act to be hunting such a wildlife animal and is guilty of an offence against that provision.