View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
Is everyone so pessimistic? Can we not have a civil intelligent adult conversation without all the borderline racist comments, accusations of racism etc?

In reality, you will find most on this board, including the Metis that come here agree that it should be a level playing field, and everyone should be subject to the same rules and regulations. Let's face it, everyone herein Canada comes from somewhere, (even the natives at some point and time) and for the most part one of the deciding factors in making the trip was due to be out from under someones rule! All of our ancestors at some point and time were subject to discrimination, and persecution from another group................ so why can we not all get along and just be equal. Oh wait....... I know ........ it's the politicians without any balls.......and I don't mean the few women who have been successful in the political arena, but the left wing Liberals who think that everything in life should be handed to them by the government on a silver platter. I am all for helping those who truly need it, but way to many who could be self sufficient choose not to be and hang off the public teat far too often.
x2 I agree with you 100% about the Government having no ball....they have no problem taking things any from us but give every thing to the Indian.Come on enough is enough. I heard this morrning from a fellow employee that the Gov. is going to give a large sum of money to all the tready Indians. The reasoning is that the Gov. promised every family a horse and a cart in the original tready and never came through.Now they are going to make good by giving them thousands of dollars.If this is true,when is it going to stop.My family has been here for over a 100 years and WE get nothing.