View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 09:48 PM

Default Awesome Z

Great post Z. Thanks for sharing your info and types of wireworms.

Fished Pigeon in the late 80's and early 90's when you could catch 10 whitefish a day easy.

Would use a spoon or kastmaster with a wireworm above 10 inches. If this did not work I would move to 7 feet or less and sight fish with my favorite wire worms over sand bars.

The fish were all below 2lbs at that time and would lay into the odd pike or walleye and would see lots of 2-4 inch perch around the WW which are gone now.

Went to Hanmore and the average was around 4lbs at that time. Lost more wireworms to 15+ lb pike which I could never find in a store again.

Gull was also hot in yellow, orange or red tipped with a maggot in the 90's.

Lost my passion for whites after trying Lac St. Anne the last 5 years and can't attract many. 3-4 a day on wireworms but get a few on big silver spoons. These are the big guys around 5lbs.

Never tried Sylvan ice fishing but want to try it this year.

Will try some of your techniques and patterns. Also looking forward to bring some of my vintage colors that I can't buy in a store back to life and trying them out.

Thanks again!! These are fun fish to catch. I love the guys that come out of no where and just hammer the WW the first time. Also love the guys that circle 3 to 5 times and you can entice them to bite.