View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutpirate View Post

yup lucky's are always best on ice

as for spooling up new line, string the line through the hole in the paper box the line comes in and get a friend to hold. if your doing it solo, punch hole thru the middle of the spool and paper box with a pencil and then anchor it by placing the ends of the pencil between two boxes, tackle boxes, etc.........

you will get the least amount of knots when the new spool of line is spinning when you reel it onto your spin/baitcasting reel and that paper box usually provides the right amount of resistance.

trust me, if you reel up your new line loosely without any resistance, then the beginning of your first fishing trip with that reel will be no fun at all.
Well, I did it the way Wayne suggested, with the line coming off the edge of the spool. I did hold the line near the reel to provide some resistance so the line went on tight.

The 2lb went on fine, but the 15lb was still a bit of a mess, but I think that's more due to the stiff line, it even wanted to coil off the spool it came on

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams