View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaayens View Post
Hey Marty,
Thanks for inspiring me... I very much share your sentiment. I believe that you are right, maybe a provincial park is not the way to go... perhaps a conservation easement administered by the ACA is a better option. A place where anglers and hunters are welcome to play within the rules and demonstrate respect for the land. Why the Ram? I'll tell you why... but to do it justice... it's going to take time... in the meantime, think about why Dave is doing his best to conserve it. It's just that good... if you ever dreamed of the perfect angling experience, well, it's a reality there (go back and look at the pictures accompanying Dave's article, words do not do them justice). As a kid, growing up in Rocky, all the best fishing stories were about the Ram... oh man, where to start. I'll start from the beginning. I was 9 years old and immediately I knew I wasn't going along.

But I'm not going to take the cheap route... you are going to get an article... the best one I've ever wrote... but that takes time. I want all of you to know this is the most spectacular fishery in Alberta; it is a wild place, where cougars mock hounds, and I want it to stay that way. I've never talked publicly about it, but now I feel I have to.
Very well said. It is very difficult for words to do the Ram River justice. Even pictures can only portray so much. The only way anyone can truly understand the beauty and magnificence of the Ram River is to be there and feel it for themselves. There are so many things that make the Ram River special (one being the fishery that has resulted from catch and release regulations in addition to the remote location), and to remove any one of those things is to allow everything else to unravel.