View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I am working on a LH 7x57 right now. The barrel and action are a great deal for the price. Very well blued, no plastic parts. Action is smooth. All of the ones I have had shot under an MOA with factory ammo, after the action was glass bedded. The guns weigh just about exactly 7 LBs, so they are pretty light to start with and you can easily shave a pound and a half off them by just going to a lightweight synthetic stock and aluminium bottom metal. The trigger is completely adjustable.

The stock is nothing to write home about but I am going to completely reshape it into a English Stalking rifle. Link if you are interested. I will post pictures as I go along of the bedded action and the stock reshaping.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=335045
What exact synthetic stocks can you buy for it? I have the synthetic stainless m70 in 9.3x62 and the synthetic stock is junk. I haven't been able to make this rifle shoot yet but I haven't given up. And the action on mine is the roughest, noisiest bolt I've ever cycled . If I could put it in a bell and Carlson I think it might work a lot better. I can find any information if the zastava will fit in one though. I see they have 2 different Mauser stocks.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip