View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 06:14 AM

Default Zastava

I have 2 Zastava's. A full stock model 70 in 6.5x55 and a full stock model 85 mini mauser in 7.62x 39. Both are excellent quality rifles for the cost. They are all metal construction and hand assembled and fitted. The blueing is exceptional and the adjustable trigger works very well. The mini mauser is not a true mauser action as it doesn't have controlled round feed but even in the full stock only weighs 6 1/2 lbs. The model 70's bolt was a little rough but didn't take long to clean up. The wood on both rifles is a bit utilitarian with stamped checkering and the first thing I did to both rifles was to remove the varnish and refinish with oil. I'm sure that any stock for a 98 mauser would fit with minor tweaking.
I personally don't think you can find a better made rifle in the same price range.
What's not to like. Model 70 is a true 98 mauser action with controlled round feed, adjustable trigger, and iron sights ready to shoot out of the box.
If I can find another one with a full stock in 7x57 I'll be adding that to the ones I already have.