Thread: gas prices
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If companies in Sask which have historically been 15-20c/L higher than Alberta can sell gas for 30c cheaper there is a lot of room for making money. They are not just breaking even they are not selling it at a loss to sell chocolate bars they are still making money.
I love the boycott idea but all of Canada needs to get on board. The problem is all the big companies will collude and start charging twice as much and saying they have no fuel available so we will all be screwed anyway. Then some idiot will put his hands in the air and say 'supply and demand'
Carbon tax in Alberta is 7 cents a litre.

There is no collusion. If you think otherwise report it as it is highly illegal. If someone complains they are making unfair profits absolutely no one has provided a shread of proof.

I would love to get stuff for free. I would love if someone would give me discounted gas subsidized by the government like in Venezuela. Are oil companies making money. I hope so. Otherwise they would go out of business. Do I think they are making unfair profits? The facts say no.

Also Trump is starting a fight with Saudi on raising production. Russia is highly leveraged to pester US is this arena. Iran production is falling. Venezuela production is in shambles. US shale sweet spots being drilled and can’t keep up.

Expect a steep climb in oil prices. Let the roller coaster begin again.

Invest in oil and gas if you think unfair profits are being had. Although you should read my earlier post.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin