View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 01:24 PM
AO Sponsor

Man, reading this thread through it leaves me wondering how it is not possible for the dealership to help this guy out in some way and at least show an inkling of compassion and care.

I don't know why customer service has to be so difficult these days.

I get that the OP maybe thinks he really did nothing to cause this and it could very well be a legit warranty claim, but I also totally see what TreeGuy says and it sadly is just something that the average consumer will never experience but it obviously happens often enough in the grand scheme of the chainsaw world that while it doesn't feel nice, it isn't really a warranty problem for the manufacturer.

This all said, how hard is it for the dealership to simply offer to help him in some other way and say offer him replacement parts at cost or cost on a new saw, take back the old one and fix it and sell as a refurb? No, it isn't their fault but if the OP was good enough to spend his money there the first time, chances are if they did a bit to help the guy not take such painful hit, he probably would rave about the help and spend more there over the years and send other people in because they proved they are there for their clients and not just to profit off a bad situation.

As a business owner I learned a long time ago you don't have to lose money but can still make a difference helping someone out of a jam, nor do you have to make money on every deal to make profit overall. Why does just doing a good thing have to be so difficult?

Uggggh I am sometimes so embarrassed for other retail companies.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23