View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 08:40 AM

Well that is quite a mess, which is probably why the dealership doesn’t want to fix it. The picture of the brake band doesn’t show any heat discolouration so obviously their theory is BS. Also if it was the brake the outside of the clutch drum would be very shiny from contact with the brake band.
Looking at the clutch picture it doesn’t have any pieces missing on it at least on the front side of it so I’d guess the pieces you found inside was what was left of the bearing.
It also looks like the oil pump and the oil line took a good beating as well and probably should be replaced.
The marks on the crankcase appear to line up with the clutch drum. When the bearing started to go it would of started wobbling causing those marks I’m guessing.
I’d try and take it back to the dealership and blame it on a faulty clutch drum bearing. I doubt it will work but it’s worth trying.
If they won’t fix it and you don’t want to spend the money on OEM parts try HL Supply out of the states. I buy a lot of parts from them and have had very good luck with their parts. Usually about 1/3 the cost of OEM parts.