View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
The only thing I can see at the 1:00 position is the grove that sits on the arm to turn the worm gear for the oiler. Could you elaborate on what your seeing? Perhaps I'm missing something.

On my saw the clutch parts are made of a hardened steel so it would make sense that there would be little damage to those parts if the bearing failed. It would force the needle bearings out towards the plastic like shrapnel. It does look like the clutch overheated, judging by the bluish colors in the steel I would estimate somewhere between 275*C to 300*C depending on what steel is used. The springs likely have lost their temper which could have added to the failure if it somehow forced the clutch to be off balance.
There is a small piece of metal missing from that joint at the 1 o’clock position, that particular pic doesn’t show it too well. Just a thought would the E clip coming off and getting sucked through possibly be the culprit for Something going through the saw? It was 100% not in place or anywhere to be found when I took the plastic cover off.