View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 05:31 AM

A young hot shot salesman starts his job at a giant US super box store right out of business school. The manager really likes him and has high hopes for him, he sees him as management type. At the end of the hot shots first day the manager summons the youngster and asks him how his day went.

The youngster quite proudly says, it went great, I sold 120,000 dollars today. The manager tried to hide his surprise and asked how he had managed that feat. Well said the hot shot, this man came in and I showed him some fishing lures, he bought some of those so we moved up to rods, then reels, tackle boxes and other assorted items. In the end I got him in a nice new boat and he needed a truck to pull that big sucker. We looked at a few trucks and I managed to up sell him into a beautiful GMC diesel rig to pull that bad boy boat. The manager was quite pleased and exclaimed, all that when the man came in to look at fishing lures. Oh no said the young salesman, he didn't come in to look at lures. He was looking for tampons, I said you're going to need something to do this weekend.

Thomas Sowell

Last edited by pikergolf; 04-19-2018 at 05:38 AM.