View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 06:28 PM

Default Help please - Northern Elk herds and tips

Hunt update -

First and foremost thank you to everyone who chimed in with advice! We certainly had an adventure but first I want to shout out to

Boyd from country garden bed and breakfast - a true hunter, ranger and nice guy who allowed us permission on some Of his land and his swanky tower blind ! Thank you!

-Kyler Knudsen from wingmaster outfitting for a few hot tips .

-The lease holders who grudgingly allowed us access without coming for a quad ride during our hunts to “check fences”

-The elusive elk who were always a little ahead of me and taught me patience and trust my gut when a few tried to point me in the other direction.

- The smart AF whitetail buck who would grunt back but not step out of cover until 10 minutes past legal light [emoji1749]*[emoji3601]

- the other landowners who refused any permissions vehemently making us get creative on where and how to hunt [emoji23]

On the whole we had an amazing time I can say this for the area the people are friendly and helpful - made ya feel welcome ( honestly)

Populations are hunted and poached hard( by local report) , it was a bit sad to see how low the numbers are.... I never understood predator hunting until walking the Bush there and finding ABSURD Amounts of wolf sign and of course while stalking in the bush having one appear nose in the air and locking eyes with it for a second !!![emoji47][emoji191] so yeah I’m no longer opposed to that .

All in all I got to spend a week bickering with my father about how and where to hunt, walking in the woods and sneaking up to the edge of fields , shivering and listening to the lonely whisper of the wind . We explored trails and roads , laughed a lot , ate a lot and made memories. I’m grateful for every minute.

Now it’s time to actually kill something.

Tread lightly through the forest with love and respect in your heart.

-Erinawol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk