View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
It works so well in the US that you'd like to see it adopted in Canada?
I'd like to see something, anything that allowed any kind of property rights whatsoever.

And I would like to see a more formal acknowledgement and acceptance of what I would call and inalienable right to defend oneself. Ian Thompson was dragged throught the courts with the specter of jail time for using his firearms in self defense.

your standard, able bodied male may not have much to worry about, but when my wife goes for a run, I would actually love for her to be properly trained and equiped to deal with whatever life throws at her.

I hate when I hear some poor innocent individual gets assaulted and the peanut gallery is like "why was s/he out there at that time of night anyway?"

Wrong mindset. Why was the innocent person deprived of the right to be equipped properly in case a bad person decides to do bad things to them? should be the question asked by all of us. That person on a run/walk/cycle ride has every right to be there.

That is my essential problem with those "Take back the night" women's marches. Oh sure, the one night they can do it, when there is 500 of them, but the next night, when only one ofthem is walking home from working late, the same problems occur.

I feel canadians really look at this stuff backwards.