View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tox View Post
I think you'll find the ABA is asking for regulation changes and not a ban on entire weapons. At least that will be my vote at the AGM.
The proposal shown in this thread is for a ban and that is where the mistake was made.

If there is the secondary option of regulating the type of spear/atlatl that can be used fine but the option of a ban should never have even been suggested.

Like I said putting a divide between hunting groups is worse than giving anti's something to complain about because they will be against hunting no matter the method you choose.

You want power to deal with anti's you need all forms of hunter to stand against them. If not when it is your style of hunting that is in the hot seat your voice will be small.

Just look into the amount of countries that bow hunting is banned and it will show you why the ABA should not be putting other hunters under the bus.

All hunting organizations really need to look at the big picture and the ABA is failing at this. It is one thing to protect the rights of a style of hunting but creating enemies out of groups you may need as support in bigger fights is not smart