View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Actually, he's right! I had a client that was missing a leg, before he passed away, he used to brag about having a permit to shoot from the truck or quad, and F & W would come help him load it , if he didn't have anyone to help. I physically saw the permit.I guess They are rare but they do exist!
I'm aware that the permit exists and I know a guy that is paralyzed that has one as well. What I was saying in my post was that I am glad there is a way for permanently disabled people to participate in the archery season via the crossbow permit, just as disabled people can get a permit to shoot from a vehicle in the rifle season. However I don't think that just because my back is sore for a week I should get a permit to shoot from a vehicle or if my shoulder is sore that I should qualify for a croosbow permit. If it is a temporary disability, suck it up and do without. I have heard stories of crossbow permits being very difficult to obtain for people that will never be able to shoot a bow again and if it is true then that is something that should be addressed because I don't want to see anyone permanently excluded from any hunting season.