View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
If you are running water that is under a foot then not having a jet tunnel can cause issues because the first thing to hit is the jet intake. An inflatable can also have issues with cavitation because they tend to have a lot of air running under them and straight into the intake. Some work well, some don’t work very well at all. I’ve been in both.

The intake on a small jet pump runs approximately $600 for a stock aluminum. Even with a tunnel in my Solar 380 I hit enough times on a moose trip two weeks ago to destroy it in a couple days, thus ending the trip. I just spent the last two days pounding rocks with a new poly intake out of Russia and it still looks like new.

If I was going to run water that was not real skinny the Stryker 420’s with a 25/20hp jet and a poly intake would be a good combo. They seem well built and the couple I’ve seen worked pretty good.
Jet Wolf in Russia also sells a rubber intake, wondering which you think would be better the poly or rubber? Also on a 25/20 merc 2 st.
Tom