View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charves View Post
I think this has to start somewhere.

The more annual data that can be collected, the more easily trends can be identified and accounting for false reporting can be more easily addressed and compensated for.

We are so lucky to have the amount of species and variety of hunting we have.....and to keep it that way, data collecting is even more important.

At least it's an attempt to do something that is trying to make hunting better and monitoring harvest as best possible in Alberta.

If the regs stated that the government has passed a policy that it will NEVER do harvest reports for anyone hunting in Alberta, there'd be mass complaints of how the government is contributing to the decimation of animal numbers and our hunting opportunities.

So in my opinion, it's a choice contribute to the system or not, but if not...then no complaining.

Same idea as this: If you don't vote in an election, then you can't complain about the government.

The monitoring system isn't perfect and likely never will be, but we should all be pressuring each other to contribute to make it the best it can be.

If we don't try.....then nothing will change!
If we make decisions based on mis- representative and generally poor data, the results will be poor and mis-representative as well. We dont need to do just "something" we need to do the "right" thing. Just doing "something" is a symptom of society, and usually results in a less than satisfactory result. Case in point - politics in general, lol. As I said before, reporting by 1 user group only is waste of time and resources. Legislate a broad reporting requirement for all user groups, despite the screaming and crying, and then make decisions based on that data. At least they will be representative and based on a viable data set and actually benefit the game management system.

Jmo,

Norm