View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
Each firearm is an individual. What is safe in my gun may not be safe in yours and vice versa, when it comes to developing Handloads. For me - if there were no pressure signs and I enjoyed the round I would go ahead and use it! No worries. The specs and data are a starting point for load development. Most figure it's best to start below the data ever so slightly (not much, as this may well present dangers of its own) and work up from there. So no signs of over-pressure equals no worries.

That said, I would not ask after the safety of my handloads online. So, your question leads me (others too, by the foregoing posts I've read here) to believe that you feel the load to be unsafe. If you do, there's your answer. Especially so if you feel you may have over looked any such signs.

All the best, safe and happy shootin!
Thanks for that. My original question was based on the fact I developed the load in my early 20's, at that time I was in pursuit of speed, safety be damned. I'm assuming I had gotten lucky not damaging a rifle or myself, as I've gotten older and maybe more respectful of danger, accuracy and sustainability are more important. This particular load is extremely accurate fairly mild in recoil, and of course fast thus reducing elevation and windage calculation, pretty much exactly what all handloaders are looking for. I was looking for opinions based on other re loaders experience, which I've gotten in spades. Since my supply of this particular powder is nearly exhausted and I have only a few rounds left its a moot point. Thanks for everyone's opinions and suggestions.